Wednesday, November 21, 2007

CH 10 Moving To Texas. Wyoming, Kansas & Oklahoma

Finally, I was finished yesterday with my online homework that was due on 26th.
After spening the night in a Billings, Montana motel and visiting with one of Richard's cousins Patty, we went through the Wyoming border on Sept 27, 2005. We stopped by the discount store at Sheridan to buy a new Sony Playstation 2 video game and had a lunch. Sheridan is where Richard used to live for a short time when he was little before moving back to Billings. After several hours on the road, we stopped at Casper to spend the night. I was loading some picture into my laptop so I sent some to my family and friends. Richard said that he was feeling fine even he looked bit gaunt and still didn't want me to hire someone to drive the moving truck toward Texas so he continue driving it and I was driving in our Explorer behind the truck like I had done since we left North Idaho. Next day after breakfast, we got on the road for Denver, Colorado. I was excited when we drove through Cheyenne, Wyoming because we were half way toward our new home in Texas. We stopped for some gas and lunch. Before arriving Denver, We emailed Richard's other cousin Ken who lives near Denver telling him that we were going to be at the motel where we were going to meet and have a dinner with him and his wife Jeanette after arriving there. They were very happy to see Richard again and also meeting with me for the first time. We had a good time and I got to know them really well. They made me feel like I was part of the family.
After dinner at the nearby resturant, we went back to the motel room and Jeanette wanted to see our cat, Pumba who had been kept in the bathroom while we were gone. She fell in love with her. Pumba had fun playing with a foam cup and got it shredded with pieces all over the floor. Ken who saw my snowboard on one of our suitcases asked me if it was mine and I said yes. He thought its a good idea for us to bring it and our new video game into the room so no one would break into our SUV and take them. Ken took us for a drive in his fancy new Caddilac and showed us where we would need to get out of Denver toward Kansas next morning. We thanked them for coming and a dinner.
We hit the sack and zzzzzzz. We had a good breakfast the next morning and were ready to leave. Two hours after leaving Denver, we stopped by the souvenir store to buy some t-shirts and rested for a little while. We stopped two hours later at Burlingon near the Kansas border for some gas and lunch at McDonald. When we got into the Kansas roads, there were no more mountains to drive on and I was relieved because I was concerned about Richard when he was driving little fast down the hills. We continued east on Kansas highway
We stopped at Salila, Kansas to sleep. The weather was getting warmer and the motel swimming pool was still open. I had the problem getting the internet access in the room so I talked to the motel clerk about it and he gave me the key for another room to use it.
The next morning we found out that we had run out of our socks so went to the nearest Wal (W-scoff) mart to buy some. I had never bought any clothers from Walmart before and didn't know where the department store like JCPenney or Sears was.

Our dog and cat were good kids during the travel but our dog, Kelly started getting tired of it by showing her temper tantrum when she resisted getting into the moving truck. We had to push her in and she stared out of the passender window for a while when Richard was driving before she was laid down. We started south on the road toward Oklahoma.

We stopped for some gas in Billings, Oklahoma and noticed the area was tooo flat. My hand felt little sticky due to humidity. We had decided to to stop to sleep in one of the towns south of Oklahoma City because we were very anxious to get into our new home. We stopped for our late lunch in a couple hours north of Oklahoma City. When we went through Oklahoma City, we realized how big the city was and the traffic was pretty heavy. I saw the pacific time in my Blackberry pager had been changed into the central time when I checked it and Richard's son Jeff told me that we were to change two hours ahead of the pacific time. Jeff and I made an arrangement to have three moving men help us unload the truck at the apartment the day after we arrived Plano, Texas when he was on the phone talking with one of them.

We finally found the motel at Paul Valley, Oklahoma and asking if the pets were allowed b ut the clerk said no so we looked and found one. The clerk said the pets up to 50 pounds were allowed but she saw the disappointment on my face when I told her that our dog weighted 95 pounds and she changed her mind saying that it was okay. I assumed she was a manager. There was no interenet accest in some rooms but it was fine with me since we needed to get into the bed.
The next morning on Oct.1,2005 we were ready for our new home in Plano, Texas and checked out of the motel. I will write more about our arrival in Plano in next post.





2 comments:

Deb Ann and Hannah said...

Smile,

I enjoy your update posts! I want to say, Happy Thanksgiving Day to you all!

Lisa C. said...

Deb,
Thank you and you all have a great Thanksgiving Day, too.