Friday, September 7, 2007

Moving to Texas-Changing The Mailing Address

I had forgotten to mention the date of our move to Texas I wrote in the previous posts that had occured. It was on September 2005. Its been almost TWO years since we left Post Falls, Idaho for our new home in Texas. We left on Sept 23, 2005 and arrived in Plano, Texas on Oct 1, 2005.
Before we moved, we found an apartment in Plano online where we were planning to live for several months before finding and purchasing a new house in Fort Worth. We made an arrangement for the apartment and paid the deposit in order to make a reservation on it with the help by Richard's son who lives there so we were able to move into it the same day we arrived in Plano. We had him get some movers to meet with us the day after we arrived.
We picked up the Official Mover's Guide with the Mail Forwarding change of Address Order form in the Post Falls Post Office, filled it out and gave it to a postal worker.

Caution: I found out from the newspaper a few months ago that the person had filled out someone else's name and address from the phone book on the mail forwarding change of address order form and giving them to the postal worker so he was able to recieve the credit card statements forwarding to him with the credit card account numbers in the mail. So I decided for our protection of our credit card and checking account numbers that if I don't recieve any mail within two days, I will go to the post office to find out if I still have my mailing address on their list.

I will write more in next post about what had happened in Montana where we were stranded for two days.

5 comments:

grantlairdjr said...

Welcome to Texas!!

If you are interested, please sign up deaf network of texas newsletter.

www.deafnetwork.com

gwlj
blog.grantlairdjr.com

Lisa C. said...

Grant,
Thank you. Yes, I did signed up for the deaf Network just less than a week after we arrived Texas.

Deb Ann and Hannah said...

when I read your Deaf Soda Pop Time, I feel like that you are talking to me. (grin)

Seek Geo said...

Hi Lisa !

Just wanted to check in and see how you are doing because I haven't seen you posted a new one nor coming to seekgeo.com for sometime while.

I hope everything is all well and look forward to hear from you. :-)

Hugs
SG

Lisa C. said...

Seek Geo,
How sweet of you for asking me how I was. I'd been drowned with lots homework. I've been thinking of making a new post this evening.

Hugs