Friday, October 12, 2007

Ch.5 Moving To Texas. Moving Day 2005

The moving day was on Sept 22,2005 the day after the estate closing. Some of our neighbors and their friends helped us load the truck after we picked it up with the car trailer. The truck was brand new at 16,000 miles with auto transmission. We served the people some pizzas for lunch when we were done. The buyer Ty said that he would be happy to let us stay there for another day if we needed to rest before leaving. When we bumped into him at church two weeks before when we donated a paper bag of canned food and he was saying that he bought our house said that he was buying it for his parents to move in from Montana. One of our neighbors Fred put our new little Ford Focus onto the trailer. We gave him the four snowtires we used for our old Ford Escape so he was able to sell them to keep the money for himself. Along with their five birth children he and his wife Keileen adopted two little girls from Russia a year before.
After leading the truck, we spent the last night at the house using the patio chair cushions on the floor in our empty bedroom. Our dog Kelly and cat Pumba were confused what was going on, and they slept close to us for the first time.
The next morning we found out that the dog harness with a leach was missing believing that someone had put it into the box the day before so Richard had to buy another one. My Gameboy SP was also missing (I found it in one of the boxes two months later) and I had a Nintendo DS game in a glove compartment in our Ford Explorer which I was driving so I was able to use it when we stopped at the motels. I threw some of warm clothes into our car before someone helped us with some last packings. We finished cleaning up the house and were ready to leave. I cried when we left the house and I waved at one of our neighbors Mary who had tears in her eyes. She bought several children books that belonged to my boys when they were little from me during the garage sale a few weeks before. Also other neighbor Terry bought a lot of "Beretsen Bears" books from me for his daughter. I had our cat with me in our SUV and our dog in a moving truck with Richard. We were amazged that they were the very good travelers. We were sad to leave North Idaho and Spokane, Washington where we lived for years but we were very excited to begin our new lives in Texas. The few days before we left, I had stopped by to see my oldest brother Bob and two of his grown children in Spokane Valley, Washington near the Idaho border to say good bye. His wife was at work. Bob was very disappointed to see us leave.

Railroad on a bridge on Seltice Way at Post Falls, Idaho where we lived for two years.


Highway 95 in Coeur D'Alene, Idaho after dinner at the fast food resturant before turning left on Highway 90 toward Montana. We were emailing each others with our old Blackberry pagers when we needed to stop. I dropped the deposit check into the mail for the apartment in Plano, Texas we made an arrangement earlier online so we were able to move into the day we arrived there.
Hit the road!!
In 76 miles and an hour and half after leaving Coeur D'Alene, the smoke started coming out of the front of the moving truck and it smelled so bad. I will write more in next post.




No comments: