Friday, November 30, 2007

CH 11 Moving To Texas.Our New Home Sweet Home

Hi, I'm finally free from the "prison" of online homework. Yay!! But it's going to be a short time before I start again in next semester. Got to vacuum some dust bunnies that had been increasing in some areas in our house when I was doing my homework. "Hey Dust Bunnies, enjoy your new lives in a vacuum bag!" I'm able to catch up some of my new posts about our move to Plano, Texas we had in 2005 and beginning our new lives here.
How exciting!! We were so excited to begin our new lives in a new town with new people and new jokes.

Texas, here we come!
After spending the night at the motel in Pauls Valley, Oklahoma, we went through the Texas border on Oct 1, 2005 and I shouted "Yay!!" I continued following Richard until we arrived McKinney north of Plano and Richard decided to follow me since I was following the direction his son Jeff who had a Sidekick II pager gave to me via email toward the gas/mart parking lot where we were going to meet him. When arriving there, we followed Jeff to our new apartment and we signed the leasing agreement papers before receiving the keys and garage door opener remotes from the manager. We unloaded our SUV before going out to eat and spending the night at the motel with our dog and cat since we didn't have any furnitures in our new apartment until the next day.
After breakfast, we went back to our apartment and had the three movers come to help us get everything in and the garage.
A week after we got settled, I had some problem finding the doctor for Richard because some of the doctors didn't accept his medical insurance. I finally found one of them and made an appointment to have Richard checked. He had been feeling tired since he had bout with pneumonia five months earlier. We didn't realize that it had caused the problem in his heart.
The doctor found out that there was something wrong with Richard's heart because his heart beat was not beating regularly as it was supposed to be so decided to have an electrocardiogram/ECG done to find out if the electric signal was normal but it wasn't. The doctor said that Richard had atrial fibrillation meaning the part of the heart doesn't beat the way it should. Instead of beating in a regular, normal pattern, part of the heart beats irregularly and too fast. It's important for the heart to pump properly, because that's how your body gets the oxygen and food it needs. Richard was given with medication to help his heart to beat regularly and was referred to the cardiologist. The doctor who referred him had problem finding one of the caridiogist because they didn't want to hire an interpreter and later later found one who was willing to have an intepreter.
After series of tests, Richard was also given with the blood thinning medication to prevent the blood cloth from forming in order to reduce the risk of getting stroke. I was so glad to have Richard taken care of right away so he would live longer because I need him as my loving husband.
Its was time for me to look for a job.

Pumba enjoyed climbing on boxes in our new apartment.

Kelly was glad when the long trip was over. She got excited when she saw some rabbits and squirrels and wanted to chase them everytime we took her out to relieve herself on the lawn.



2 comments:

Deb Ann and Hannah said...

I like your pictures of the cat and dog. I am sure they are so busy exploring into new places. I'm excited for you that you now have a home sweet home in Texas!
I am from Colorado!

Happy Holidays,
Deb Ann

Seek Geo said...

Hi Lisa!

Finally here I am relaxing! :-D Awww.. sooo cute cat & dog, I liked the pic of cat trying to climb up the boxes.. trying to get on top to be the king, eh? he he

I'm just surprised when you said Pumba enjoyed climbing on boxes in the new apartment because every time we moved, our cats usually ran into somewhere that they can't be reached for 1-3 days before finally they come out. It was never easy.. ugh! They did not eat nor drink.. even goes to bathroom during that time.

I can see Kelly was exhausted after a long moving.. poor her.

Ah.. sorry about Richard and his heart, that's the thing I never understand with America is that some places refused to accept someone to admit just cuz of insurance issue. Over there in Canada, you can walk in any clinic with no question asked. That pissed me off, I'm just glad he was doing ok with medication.

Hugs

-SG