Friday, August 10, 2007

Ch 1 Moving To Texas - Spring Cleaning & Neighbor Boy Escaped.

The morning in the early spring in 2005 I woke up feeling sick and didn't feel like going to work, I emailed my leader telling him that I wasn't going to work and went back to sleep. I was employed with the laptop manufactoring in Washington state near the Idaho border as a repair technican for almost seven years. The management was not good during the last two years of my employment. Some of my co-workers were considering of leaving and some other good people were laid off. The first years were really good and I made new friends.
Two hours later I started to feel lot better , my husband Richard came into our bedroom, asked me if I was in a mood to start a spring cleaning with him and we started it. After living in North Idaho for almost two years, we were talking about putting our house into the market and moving to Texas. After vacuuming the furnace/air conditioning pipes, we were removing the screens from the windows to begin washing them. I heard and saw the young mother with her baby girl in her arm calling for someone from our upstair bedroom window and she looked worried. I went outside to find out whats going on and she said that her three years old son had escaped from her house. She said that she had locked the doors but she assumeed he had figured out by himself on how to unlock them. (Kids can be smarter than you think!). I told her to tell one of my neighbors who was a cop and having a day off , and I went back into my house to change into my running shoes before I began looking for the boy. Richard and the cop joined the mother with some other people to begin looking for her son and I was running along the other block as fast as I could to find him. About two blocks later I found him in his pj and socks and and took him home. When Richard saw us and called the team by blowing a whistle, the mother with a baby girl in her arm ran toward us and grabbed her son hugging him. I took her baby and we were relieved. She thanked me with her hand sign and I was surprised. About half hour later she came to our house giving us a note expressing her thankfulness for helping her find her son and she said that she knew some signs but forgot most of them. I was glad I had called in sick earlier that morning so I was able to help finding the boy. The next day I told one of my co-worker about the neighbor boy escaping from his home and she said that she heard from the news about the other little boy escaping from the nearest daycare center the same day and was later found. Yikes!
Our curious cat Pumba during the cleaning.

2 comments:

Deb Ann and Hannah said...

The cat is so cute!

Lisa C. said...

Thank you. She is my baby.